I recently had a lecture in this room and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. It brought back memories of the time I had spent in that room as a freshman. There was something about the second semester, about attending lectures with a panache of doing well, the madness of it all; the naive (mis)understanding of what college life was. The road ahead was blocked, the puzzle totally incomprehensible. And ignorance was bliss.
I couldn't compare that with third year even if I wanted to. The clarity of this place is almost blinding, of knowing what has to be done and precisely how. Life just seems mechanical now (or electronic :P ) because everything we do feels like running a race to leave someone behind. The friendships that happened then are the ones that still stand, rest all has been a bitter face of reality.
I wish it was possible to go back to the innocence of that room, the beauty of being free within those walls. Practicality was never my cup of tea.